Feb 27, 2014

gorgeous georgia and the run-agrounds


That title sounds like it could be a good name for a band, no?  Okay, no maybe not.

But Georgia is gorgeous, and I honestly have nothing bad to say about it other than we ran aground a few times.  But I suppose that's mostly our fault, and the fault of the Army Corp Engineers for not keeping the waterway dredged.  But really, even that wasn't all that bad and it had to happen sooner or later.

(Oh yeah, and Riley's hand got cut so badly he needed several stitches and we had to stay in Jekyll Island longer than planned for it to heal.)


We made three real stops in Georgia; Savannah and Jekyll Island on the way down, and Cumberland Island on the way back, and each one was even prettier than the last.


Savannah:
read about it here, and here


Jekyll Island:






Cumberland Island:
I just wrote about it earlier this week, but you can read about it here if you missed it.  I'm still dreaming about this place!


Oh, and good news, we learn from our mistakes!  There was no running aground in Georgia the second time around!  

It was hard to say good bye to Georgia, but I have a feeling we'll be back!




12 comments:

  1. The Jekyll Island club is just so pretty. Glad you didn't run aground this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love Georgia. My Husband and I just went there recently to visit family, we plan to move there some day. It's just so peaceful and beautiful. Where are you guys headed next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yay! Savannah was my favorite place to go when I was in college nearby. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgia is such a gorgeous state. I've visited Savannah and Tybee Island twice and still smile thinking about the beautiful Spanish moss, stately old houses and pleasant squares to stroll through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savannah is one of my favorite places... I'm dreaming of pralines from River Street now. also, I LOVE that driftwood photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already dreaming about going back! Believe it or not, we never had any pralines! I guess we'll just have to go back now. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...