Feb 17, 2014

the weekend haul

last night's anchorage by Fort Matanzas
We've made good time and covered several miles since we left Vero Beach on Friday.  We spent our weekend traveling about 50 or more miles a day, which usually takes around 8 hours or so, and then finding a quiet place to anchor and pretty much going right to sleep.  A cold front has come through, reminding us that we can't hide out from winter forever, so we dug back out our hats and fleece coats.  Let's just ease back into this nicely though, okay Winter?

These days of just covering ground can get kind of boring, but we're trying to soak up the scenery, knowing that Florida's coast will have passed us by before we know it.  Before we leave it behind for good though, we have a few more stops we'd like to make.  Later today we should be coming into much anticipated St. Augustine!  We passed it by in a hurry to get South before, but we have heard so much about it, we know we can't skip over it a second time.

Have you been to St. Augustine before?  I'd love to hear any recommendations for things to do or see if you have them!


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! St. Augustine is a beautiful place! I've only been there a handful of times, and I can't remember any of the restaurants we went to. But they have a super cute downtown area that has lots of neat shops and restaurants. You can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so beautiful and atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a beautiful evening, I had to try my best to try and capture it!

      Delete
  3. love the light in these photos. enjoy st. augustine. I could be wrong but isn't there a big old famous tree there?


    i found it...........i think i was referring to 'the old senator' but i guess st. augustine has more love trees that are worth a look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoops, forgot to paste the link in my comment!
    http://www.simplystaugustine.com/romantic/st-augustine-love-trees/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been very cold here for what seems like a long time now, we've even had two ice storms. This week our weather is suppose to make it back into the 70 degree range and I am so excited. I hope that on your way back North you bring more of that Florida warm weather with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great! never been to st. aug's, so i am no help - but it sounds quite perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, it was pretty nearly perfect! If you ever get the chance, I would highly recommend visiting!

      Delete
  7. Remember me telling you about those icepops? Here is the link http://www.thehyppo.com/
    I know you and you will love this place! Well...you will love the whole town but this screams florida and summer and sunshine, so have one for me while I wade through the snow drifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered! We had very, very delicious champagne mango popsicles. Thanks for the great suggestion!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...