Mar 17, 2014

leprechaun clowns and bagpipes (aka our welcome parade)


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This past week I almost completely unplugged from all social media and it was so refreshing… and productive!  Riley and I finally got settled (mostly) and unpacked in our new downtown apartment, and then the city held a parade on Saturday to celebrate!

Okay, but really, it was a nice coincidence that the St. Patrick's Day festivities happened to coincide with our first week here.  It felt like our own personal "Welcome to the City" inaugural event.  It was a beautiful day for a parade, but one of the best parts was that we could walk right out of our door and be a part of the action.  No dinghy necessary!  Or car even, for that matter.  I loved every minute of it and I can't wait to see what else this city has in store for us this year.

Does your town hold any fun St. Patrick's Day events?  Are you celebrating today?




(In other notable news last week… we shaved goodbye to Riley's mountain man/salty sailor beard and hello Veronica Mars movie!  If you weren't a fan already, well... what are you waiting for?)


9 comments:

  1. Aww that looks like such a fun parade!!! :) I went to festival over the weekend and listened to some irish music :) Peter's family made corn beef and cabbage last night so I had some of that to help celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a St. Patrick's Day parade here but I ended up having a cold so we didn't go. I did watch it on TV though and ended up being super happy to be watching it from my comfy chair, it was a "different" kind of parade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun parade and totally great not having to drive to it. Does it count that I watched a parade?! Haha! Too much going on to attend but still fun watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be fun to go to a parade like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! It was probably a lot different than any "big city" parade, but it certainly had it's own charm!

      Delete
  5. I want to go to a St. Patrick's Day Parade! I will be getting a reuben and a brew tonight, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Jordan trimmed his crazy mountain man beard this weekend! Not gonna lie... I was trying to hold in my excitement so I didn't make him feel *too* bad. As far as SPD goes, I would completely forget except for the fact that one of my best friend's birthday is today, so I am forced to remember. She's Irish, so she makes a big deal about it. As one should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I really didn't hold back any excitement. Fortunately, Riley and I were pretty much over the whole beard thing around the same time, but he had to keep it to show it off to a few people once we got back. Which was totally understandable. :)

      Delete
  7. How nice of the city to have a welcome parade for you! ;) My city has a parade and my sister made a corned beef and cabbage dinner for my family (my brother-in-law is Irish), but I'm not feeling 100% so I'm actually spending the night with my puppy, watching TV. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...