Mar 11, 2014

life after adventure


"So, are you glad to be back?"

Well, um… yes. Er, no.  I don't know.  Ask me again in a couple of weeks?

Last week was a whirlwind.  It was productive, but unsettled.  Joyous, but stressful.  Chaotic, but somehow… not.  We crashed with my parents while we got our act together; visited family, looked at apartments, signed a lease on an apartment, took a quick trip out of town, and then started moving into said apartment.  This week Riley starts back to work, we start to get our stuff unpacked and situated, I start the job hunt and maybe even work on getting my little jewelry shop opened back up.  We'll start a new routine and maybe then we'll start getting our heads on straight again.

So basically, we've got a lot of "starts" going on.


It might be a little quieter than usual on this blog, but not for long, because I am so excited about the things that are already happening in our new lives on land, and I can't wait to share them.

But for now, I have a ton of unpacking and organizing to do in this life-long-dream-fulfilling apartment of mine. (more on that later!)

What are you up to this week?

19 comments:

  1. Good luck with all these new starts! It is always confusing to come down to earth after such a great adventure but exciting at the same time. And it's great that you found your dream apartment last week - that makes the transition a lot easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting every thing set up and looking for a job, unpacking can be such a chore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new apartment! Good luck getting unpacked and a little more settled on land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the job hunting and unpacking! I always find it so hard to unpack and end up just leaving things lying around until I need them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I know what you mean, but fortunately, I was so anxious to see my stuff and get organized I've been tackling it pretty hard. :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck with moving and unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! You should definitely open The Bauble Dept. back up, you do such amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I'm sad to see it over though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are having so much fun "starts"! Can't wait to see the apartment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are (mostly) pretty fun starts, we really feel fortunate about that! :)

      Delete
  9. Good luck with all that's happening! I was wondering how you're feeling about being back on land again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to hear about this apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lull after getting home from an adventure is never fun, in my experience. Don't let the memories fade too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, we've been too busy to really think too much about it, which I think is a really good thing! I'm guessing it will probably hit us a little later on. :)

      Delete
  12. Welcome back and I hope all this starting is very successful and cannot wait to see what life on land has to bring you. To us (& you before) it is all the norm but this will be like a whole new adventure for you two!!! How is Gidget doing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home! We're so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear what's next! And I am REALLY excited about hearing about your apartment! It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome back and good luck with the new starts. I have no doubt that your new starts will be influenced by your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they probably will be. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...