May 30, 2014

weekend coffee


Coffee must taste better when brought to your door by a handsome delivery man, don't you think?

One of the perks of living in the city is being able to take (or send your husband on) a quick stroll to the local bakery in the morning when you find yourself completely out of coffee on the weekend.  Riley "has a guy" so you know, we certainly can't just buy any old coffee at the grocery store anymore.


Weekend coffee is one of my favorite times.  I like just one cup, black and strong, and I only drink it on the weekend because then it feels like a real treat.  Lately Riley and I have been spending our weekend mornings drinking coffee and watching something like HGTV or the History Channel and we talk and dream about whatever is coming next.

Is it weird that on Friday I'm already dreaming about Saturday morning?

Not that I'm trying to wish this week away already or anything.  It was a pretty good one actually.  Riley took a few extra days off from his rigorous mountain biking schedule so we got to see more of each other than usual.  I was also excited to see a little bit of traffic in my Etsy shop, and I'm feeling pretty good about a new painting that I'm working on.

On the downside however, we hit a pretty stinky milestone in our lives as pet owners.  Can you guess?

Yep, Gidget met her first skunk.  Several days later and the smell is still lingering.


What were some of the highs and lows of this week for you?


Things have been a little sparse on the blog lately, but here's a letter to the women in my life, a little story about biking in flood zones, and a Bob Marley strawberry jammin' post if you missed any of them.  Also, today I'm linking up with Jenna and Jenna, go check out what they've been up to, too!


13 comments:

  1. Hmm. Highs? Graduating from Citizens Fire Academy. Taking Monday off. :)
    Lows: being late to tap because I didn't realize it was Wednesday (stupid short week!), and getting a speeding ticket on the way there.
    Poor Gidget! Did she have to get a tomato bath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing to myself picturing Riley coming in with coffee, and you saying, "Wait! Hold it there. I need to take a picture for the blog." haha. It's probably good I don't live in close proximity to a bakery. I love muffins. Just not muffin tops ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funniest part is, it doesn't even phase him anymore. In fact, if I'm remembering right, I think he said something like, "should I turn the bag so the logo is more visible?" He knows what's up.
      Yeah, the muffin thing probably shouldn't become a habit, haha.

      Delete
  3. oh my poor Gidget! At least your handsome buddy brings you coffee!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to Saturday morning all week long. And so does Abigail.

    It's kind of like how Sunday afternoon naps are better than any other afternoon nap? I can't explain why it's that way, but, it just is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh noooooo, not a skunk! I hope the smell leaves soon. I'm glad you had a pretty good week otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Saturday morning sounds divine! I love your Etsy shop by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I LOVE the pictures of your man bringing you some coffee! That's the very best. And a skunk?! Sounds horrible. I am crossing my fingers for you that the smell is gone ASAP! Thanks for linking up with us :) ~Jenna // A Mama Collective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's slowly starting to fade. That, or we're just getting used to it...

      Delete
  8. A skunk? I'm sure that scent mixes with the smell of dog just wonderfully. ;) I hope the smell leaves soon! Your Saturday mornings sound lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saturday mornings with HGTV & coffee = the best! Boo to the skunk, oh man! (Your poor pup must be suffering too, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from the link-up! I SO wish I lived close enough to just run out for coffee and baked goods. That muffin looks amazing. I bet that ONE cup of coffee a week is heavenly. Not a bad idea to savor it. Your Saturday mornings sound perfect. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...