Jun 4, 2014

currently… a denim vest?

crowds enjoying the sidewalk art show and farmer's market in the gorgeous weather we had this past weekend

cooking: three meals a day.  Wow, it is so easy to get caught up in the "let's just go out to dinner" routine when you live in the city!  It was never an issue when we lived in the country because it took so long to get anywhere that it was easier and faster just to cook at home.  We're making a point of eating in this week to give our health and wealth a much needed boost.

watching: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.  Riley and I just rented it, and both thought it was so good.  Have you seen it?

planning: a trip to the boat this weekend!  We haven't seen her since we moved back, and I'm feeling kind of nervous/excited about it.  It already feels like a lifetime ago since we lived on that boat.

reading: The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb.  I was looking around on my Kindle library app for a new book to read and was thinking about The Aviator's Wife, but since it has a waiting list I decided to try this one by the same author.  I'm only a few pages into it so far, so I can't really say anything about it, but it's bound to be interesting, right?

wearing: okay, hear me out on this one.  A denim vest.  I'm not entirely sure if this is a thing that came back briefly and is on it's way out again, or if it's a current thing, or if it hasn't ever been a thing since 1990.  But really, it's kind of the answer to a lot of my summer wardrobe issues.  Mostly it's perfect for that plain jersey dress that needs a little something extra, or that spaghetti strap dress when it's either not really appropriate or quite warm enough for spaghetti straps.  It's as versatile as a jean jacket, except you can still wear it when it's warm out.  I feel like I've been seeing them around.  No?  Just me?  I don't have any photographic proof for you myself, but Pinterest does, of course.  


What things are you currently into?


linking up with Jenna and Anne today.

13 comments:

  1. They're definitely in and I bet you looked killer rockin that vest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a movie to add to our list - we watch so few that we never know what to get when we have a chance to stop by a Redbox! And I never thought I would, but I'm contemplating a denim vest myself. I've seen soooo many cute looks! Plus I adore my denim jacket but it's definitely going to get too hot soon for it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was so impressed with the secret life of walter mitty...seriously i wasn't expecting that much awesome to happen but it did and i was so glad i watched it!
    i'm all about a good denim jacket...(even though i have yet to buy one, i get hot very easily) so bring those 90s fashions back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched the secret life of walter mitty this weekend! I loved all they integrated his daydreams so well! I felt very inspired by it afterwards :) Have fun seeing the boat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say rock the denim vest! I agree that it's the perfect accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to farmers markets! I'm planning to go to ours this weekend :) What city is that? It looks so familiar to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for farmer's markets! I love getting fresh produce for meals. You're right, it is easy to get caught up in the schedule of going out for meals instead of cooking. Lamar and I are really trying to cook more this summer in order to be healthy and save some money. What are some of your favorite recipes lately?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought I'd be back into denim jackets, but here we are. Rock that denim vest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girl, just try and pry me out of my denim vest hahaha! Love it! I seriously want to pair it with every outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mike and I just watched that movie too! It was awesome! And I may have to whip out my old denim vest now - haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, after seeing Pinterest I'm with you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the denim vest is super cute!!! (Now you need to post a pic for us!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting a denim vest so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...