Jul 28, 2014

weekend weddings, watercolors and wishful thinking


Weekends are pretty great, aren't they?  That's a fairly common sentiment of course, but we've been having some extra good ones around here lately.  Last weekend I had the opportunity to assist Chelsa Yoder Photography with another wedding.  An absolutely gorgeous one at that… a beautiful venue, a stunning bride, unbelievable florals…you get the idea.


I've also been doing a ton of painting and loving it! I'm actually hoping to open up a little Etsy shop soon to accompany my jewelry shop.


Riley and I have also started making a habit out of Sunday drives lately.  Come late afternoon, we hop in the car and drive up and down the streets, making turns on a whim and picking out the houses and neighborhoods we think we might like to live in next. We're not in a huge hurry to move, but we can't seem to help looking anyway. In fact, it makes the house hunting process enjoyable instead of overwhelming and stressful.  This past weekend, we went on our first "legitimate" look with a realtor and both fell in love with a (major) fixer upper.  The same one, fortunately.  The sale of this particular house comes with a ton of baggage, lots of conditions and hoops to jump through.  We'll have to wait and see for awhile but we're keeping our fingers crossed.  I've tried not to get my hopes up, but seriously, who am I kidding? It's highly possible that I may have already redesigned the whole kitchen… like, with a full color illustration and everything.  Let's just call it extreme wishful thinking.


How have you been spending your weekends lately?  

5 comments:

  1. Your paintings are so, so pretty. I am always impressed with people who can use colors and brushes like that. Jordan and I really need to go driving around looking at houses. We finally FINALLY hit the $30k mark that we've been saving up for a down payment (only four years later), but we haven't actually done anything about looking for a house. To be honest, the entire process frightens me, so I'm just avoiding it completely. Clearly the smartest option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      That is really great. You guys should be proud of yourselves! The process is pretty overwhelming, but I think the looking around part is fun at least. It's a good excuse to be nosy about other people's houses. :) I hope that you will be able to find something that you really love!

      Delete
  2. Wow your painting is gorgeous! Your art skills make me envious, in the best way of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous watercolours! You are a talent! Can't wait to visit the Etsy shop when it opens.

    Lovely to be dedicating some weekend time to taking drives and daydreaming. I hope you find your perfect spot when you are meant to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...