Sep 5, 2014

hello twenty-nine


Today I'm celebrating my twenty-nineth birthday. Just a few years ago I was dreading any number that was anywhere near the big 3-0. But oddly enough, the older I get, the younger (and less scary) those big numbers seem. Does this happen to you, too?

For most of my life I've suffered from Peter Pan syndrome. I've never actually wanted to be older than I already was. But looking back now, each year of my life seems to have been even better than the year before. I mean, just look at twenty-eight! I'd have to say it was hands down the most exciting year of my life. Just one month into it my husband and I moved out of our first home together in the country and onto a sailboat. After sailing down the coast for several months, we returned to land and fulfilled a lifelong dream of mine to live in a dowtown loft apartment. And I've been having the time of my life since. I almost hate to see twenty-eight go, it was just that good to me. Twenty-nine is going to have some pretty big shoes to fill.

But then again, if every year just keeps getting better, I can hardly wait to see what twenty-nine has in store.

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I just had my 29th on the 3rd :) its crazy to be so close to 30 haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And Happy Birthday to you, too!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Allison!
    I hope your 29 will be at least as good as 28 if not way better :)

    I am also very close to 30 (less than two months to go, yup!) and I'm happy I can also say that each year has been better than the previous one. Cheers to that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! I hope 29 is amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it was the loveliest of birthdays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!!! It looks like I have a lot to catch up on with you!!! Off to read about this loft apartment (!!!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Sweet Turtle Soup to say Happy late Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopping by from Sweet Turtle Soup to say happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday lady! I'll be 26 this month and I agree with you. It seems like the more time that passes the less scary it all is :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!! This is going to be the best year ever for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday, dear girl!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from Sweet Turtle Soup to wish you a happy happy Birthday!!! Love the earrings - they are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday Allison! 28 was a huge year for you but I'm sure 29 will be pretty great too (with a little more time on land anyway) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Courtney sent me your way. Happy, Happy Birthday!
    Hope your day was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 29! I had a difficult time accepting 30 this year.. while it didn't change me in a anyway just saying the number 30 seems so old.. but I like all the confidence that comes with it and how all the self doubt of our 20's all slowly starts to disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your last year in your twenties because sweetie, your 30s is where it's at! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...