Oct 20, 2014

'tis the season for major life changes


Have you seen that F. Scott Fitzgerald quote floating about? That one that says, "life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." I've been finding it to ring quite true lately. This particular week in October, in fact, is becoming quite a significant week in my life in terms of "life starting all over again." On October 19, 2007 after a thoughtfully planned day-long date ending in a picnic, Riley proposed. Saying yes was one of the absolute best decisions of my life and certainly steered my "life after college" plans in a new direction.

On October 20, 2013, Riley and I (and Gidget) set sail on our five month long live-aboard sailing adventure. At the time, we had no idea what was in store for us either during or after this trip, but we knew that whatever it was, it was certainly going to be life-changing.

On October 20 of this year, Riley and I officially made an offer on a house. Of course, I probably shouldn't even bring this up because these things don't always work out, but it feels too significant not to. Anyway, we are so far gone on this house that we are going to need the aid of a support system if it doesn't work out. I'm talking… the entire renovation has already been planned out, room by room. There was just no stopping us.

Fall just feels like the right time for fresh starts, doesn't it?  It can't just be a coincidence that we seem to make these kind of major life decisions at this time of year, can it?  Does this happen to you too?  Do you find yourself craving fresh starts in the fall?

9 comments:

  1. Fall is definitely a time for fresh starts. My birthday falls on the first day of autumn, and so I've always felt as though it's a natural thing for me to feel as though it's a new year during the fall season. I too, have made many big decisions during this season over the years. I hope everything works out with the house. I'll send a few good vibes out your way that things end up positively!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have so many wonderful memories in the fall!!! :-) How special for you and your man. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed it works out as dreamed and planned for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! Good luck with the house process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Allison! Just found your blog because you are the other advertiser on Hey Kelsea Rae ;-) Love your blog!
    I'm now curious to find out how the house project moves along. I can totally imagine how you've already played the whole renovation project in your head a hundred times ;-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne, thanks for stopping by! We've definitely been making some progress on the house front, and I hope to post about it as soon as it's all official!

      Delete
  6. Wow, exciting times! I just found your blog, but i'm going to check back to keep updated on your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, glad you found me! As you can see, things have been a bit slow on the blog lately, but that's just because they've been moving along pretty quickly behind the scenes! I hope to have some updates posted soon!

      Delete
  7. I can definitely relate! I was engaged in the fall, too! Besides that, no major events for me, BUT I do tend to crave newness in the fall. Like right now, I have such a strong desire for a new career. Actually, it's been on my heart for almost a year.
    Congrats on the house!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...