Dec 17, 2014

autumn in the city



I realize that it's awfully close to Christmas to still be talking about autumn, but since it's not technically winter for a few more days, I figured there was still time.  But most importantly, life is changing so quickly these days that if I don't take a moment to look back on this season, I might just forget about some of these moments altogether.  The past several months have been a special time for us, and even though I felt like I hibernated through half of it, what with keeping life changing secrets and trying to wrap my head around it all, there are several memories from our autumn in the city that I want to keep forever.  Some of my favorites:


finally taking the plunge and getting a pixie after admiring it on so many others
baking the first pie of the season
picnics and scenic parkway drives
enjoying the last of the porch sitting days with some fall flowers
cozy, rainy nights in with a view
deciding that our apartment was "done" and sharing it on the blog
watching the foliage around us change colors
finding out house and baby news and getting to share it with family at thanksgiving 


I thought that this year I'd be more sorry to see the arrival of winter, but I have a feeling it's just going to fly by.  Fall was really good to us, but winter is when the exciting stuff is starting to really happen!  This is very likely the first time I have ever said this, but I'm welcoming winter with open arms.


What were some of your favorite memories from this fall?  Is there anything about winter that you're looking forward to?

5 comments:

  1. That pie looks delicious and your new haircut suits you perfectly. I am not looking forward to winter at all, in my opinion, the best part of winter, is what comes after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, it's still not my favorite season, and probably never will be. Except of course for the holidays. But after that, spring usually can't come soon enough!

      Delete
  2. I loved that I moved to our new state in the fall, just in time to see the trees turn gorgeous colors. I had never experienced anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to miss Fall but I don't mind winter! I usually get to work from home when the weather is bad so I get to admire the snow from the comfort of my couch :) Your haircut suits you so well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...