Dec 12, 2014

fourteen weeks



Okay, so… this whole idea of taking a profile shot where the main focus is a belly that is supposed to be protruding is a concept that is just going to take some getting used to. Actually, the whole pregnancy thing is taking some getting used to.  The entire first trimester felt a little surreal, and I'm still not entirely convinced that this is actually happening...

How far along: 14 weeks

Size of baby: a lemon

Maternity clothes: Nope. So far everything still fits, but I am reaching for my looser clothing for the most part.

Gender:  We won't find out for another month or so. If you twisted my arm and made me guess, I'd guess boy, but I would have said the same thing a few years ago, so I'm not really sure how much weight that carries. But there's at least a 50% chance it's right.

Movement: None.

Sleep: I'm already accustomed to the multiple bathroom breaks in the middle of the night, but I am having a difficult time training myself to sleep on my side. 

What I miss: Nothing really. Although now and then I could really go for a nice hot cup of regular coffee.

Food cravings: Saltine crackers have become my constant companion, and cheddar cheese and red meat always sounds good. It's funny, one of the first things Riley said to me after we found out was, "I hope your cravings are for Five Guys' burgers."  I wouldn't say I'm craving Five Guys necessarily, but a nice steak would be good.

Food aversions: I hadn't been craving sweets at all, which is pretty unusual for me. I think the holidays are helping to remedy that little hiccup, though. ;)  And I definitely don't want any eggs. Any other aversions come and go randomly.

Symptoms: Some nausea and acid reflux.  Nothing too terrible, though.

What I'm looking forward to:  Now that the first 12 weeks are behind us, I worry a little less, but I still look forward to the next doctor's appointment, just to hear that everything is okay. And I'm definitely looking forward to the anatomy scan and hopefully finding out if we're going to have a boy or a girl!


8 comments:

  1. so exciting and you look great!!!! Cannot wait to hear what bebe is (:
    We are getting a 5 Guys Burgers here in our town and we have never been to one so my husband and I are excited for them to open so we can try a different place. However I am sure a steak would take a burger any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you not supposed to eat red meat when your pregnant? I could be making that up. I don't know anything about being pregnant, obviously :) You look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to pack you a cooler with steaks for Cmas :)
    I think I'm making that flank steak stuffed with Fontina, figs and spinach in a couple days...you should come up for supper!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, like Riley's gift that first year! :) Yum, that sounds good!

      Delete
  4. belly photos are a little weird, but you look adorable :) I think you'll be glad to have them, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All of the girls on Pinterest make it look so normal, haha. ;) I think so too… I'd rather feel a little silly about it than look back and regret having no pictures from this time.

      Delete
  5. I think this must be one of the cutest pregnancy blog-updates :-) And you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...