Jan 7, 2015

currently… skillets and sonograms



planning: on taking down the Christmas tree… eventually. It smells so good though, and the little lights are so festive that I just can't bring myself to do it. I feel like we were a little late in getting one, though, so maybe it'd still be ok to keep it until the end of this week?

hoping: to find out the gender of our baby at our next appointment in less than two weeks!

baking: everything in a cast iron skillet. After wanting one for years but never getting around to buying it for myself, I finally realized that it was the perfect candidate for a Christmas list. I was so excited to receive one from Riley's parents this year and have been planning all sorts of goodness for it. Last night I made this deep dish pizza for dinner, and I also have my eye on these indoor s'mores (my sugar cravings are definitely back in full force…).  

wearing: fleece lined leggings. Every day.

resolving: to get back into an exercise routine now that the holidays (and lethargic first several weeks of pregnancy) are over. Cliche resolution, I know, but I wrote a little about my real resolution for the new year on yesterday's post.


What are you up to currently? Do you have any favorite cast iron skillet recipes to share?



linking up with Jenna and Anne today.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, yum. I've been thinking it's time to acquire a cast iron skillet, and now I definitely think so. And so exciting that you get to find out the baby's gender soon! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I recently got a cookbook called One Pot that has an entire section devoted to baking things in the cast iron skillet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love one pot recipes, they're definitely my favorite! I think I'll have to look into that cookbook for sure!

      Delete
  3. THAT PIZZA!!!
    i have....i think 4 cast iron skillets? passed down through a few generations so man they are seasoned well! I'll be making that pizza haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, that looks yummy! I make skillet lasagna (this recipe: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/08/quick-easy-skillet-lasagna/) in my cast iron skillet and it's a household favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound good! It's been so long since I've made lasagna, I might have to give it a try in my new skillet!

      Delete
  5. I've been living in those leggings too! And I want a bite out of that pizza :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making pizza in a cast iron skillet! I haven't done it in quite awhile though. We took our tree down last week and I really miss the lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this year I actually waited so long that I'm not missing it too much. The room does still look awfully dull without it, though.

      Delete
  7. I keeeep planning on taking the tree down too but it just keeps staying up. I love the glow of lights at night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeeeek! Totally missed the pregancy annoucement post! I'm so excited for you!
    That pizza looks so good. I'm going to have to try cooking one in a skillet. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! Do you love the skillet??! I think I use mine nearly every day. If it's not that, I'm using my le creuset dutch oven. Best things to have in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!!! It's definitely my favorite tool in the kitchen right now!

      Delete
  10. ooo and just looked at the pizza recipe. I love that she uses the fresh mozz on the bottom...that had to be the most awesome part. I think I will be making this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...