Jan 23, 2015

twenty weeks // we're having a...



How far along: 20 weeks

Size of baby: An 11 oz. mango

Maternity clothes: I'm still holding out… although my wardrobe choices are getting a lot slimmer.  I'm down to just one pair of pants that fit, so I think it might be just about time to give in.

Gender: It's a girl!!!



Movement: A little!  Not too terribly often yet, but there's definitely something going on in there.

Sleep: This is probably the biggest pregnancy related struggle so far. It requires a body pillow, a humidifier (to help with uh, "loud breathing"),  and several wake ups to flip to the other side because of hip pain.  I already can't remember the last night of good sleep that I've had.  Needless to say, Riley's wound up on the couch more than a few times.  

What I miss: Regular coffee now and then.

Food cravings: My perfect meal would involve a nice steak, green beans and mashed potatoes. I've indulged a few times, but we'd be having it for dinner every night if Riley didn't loathe green beans.

Food aversions: I'm still not too fond of eggs or chicken, but it's not too bad.

Symptoms: Some nausea if I get too hungry and occasional acid reflux.

What I'm looking forward to:  Now that we know that it's a girl we're starting to seriously talk about names and other plans.  It feels much more real now and that's pretty exciting!


10 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! A girl!! Congratulations!

    I'm loving your dress in your bump pic, where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe yay Congratulations! Everyone says girls are so much fun. How exciting!!!!! You look so cute in your dress, fingers crossed for you to be able to hold out on the maternity clothes shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww a girl! Congratulations. You are going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is really exciting. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww yay a little girl!!! Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, congratulations! How exciting – girls are just too much fun (well, I wouldn't know yet from experience buuuut I've heard it said so many times)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! yay! Congrats! The cake is adorable! And you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...