Feb 4, 2015

currently… lots to love


hearting: little baby kicks!

reading: the Little House on the Prairie collection. For whatever reason, at this time of year in particular I'm really drawn to books that take place on the prairie, about life on a wagon train, or as an early homesteader in general. For the last several years I've been wanting to reread the Little House books, but I could never seem to get my hands on them. So this year, I put it on my Christmas list.  Barnes and Noble had this beautiful leather bound collection of all five books, and let me tell you, if you're going to reread Little House on the Prairie as an adult, it should definitely look like this.

pinning: everything. I've been on a bit of a Pinterest kick lately and have been finding so much inspiration for everything from meals to renovation ideas to cute baby girl things.

eating: would it be terrible if I said "everything" again?  I've been trying to eat really healthy, and have been pretty successful for the most part.  But yesterday, right before I went to the grocery store, I started thinking about Nutella. I pushed the cart through the store saying to myself, "Don't buy the Nutella.  Don't buy the Nutella." But of course, I had to go down the peanut butter aisle, so I was already entirely confident that I was going to wind up buying it anyway. Maybe if I stick it in the back of the pantry I'll forget it's there?

anticipating: a girl's trip to San Diego!  I've never seen the Pacific or been to California before, so I'm so excited to check it off my travel bucket list. I'll be spending several days there with my mom, sister and aunt, and can't wait to experience some warmer weather, beautiful views and fresh seafood.


Have you ever been to San Diego?  I'd love to hear your recommendations if you have!

linking up with Jenna and Anne today.




18 comments:

  1. Two things: 1) Can you believe this? I have NEVER in my life bought a jar of Nutella. I know it's delicious, etc., but it's just never crossed my mind to buy. Probably a good thing...
    2) San Diego! I'm so excited for you to go. I had a fabulous time! It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good thing! Definitely don't start! I learned this lesson once already, and hadn't bought any in at least two years. It just disappears way too quickly. And I know for a fact that I'm the only one eating it...

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, I'm also eating everything! However, no baby kicks in my life. Just an over-eager appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Little House collection was some of my favorite reading growing up. I'd probably enjoy it now, too! I've been enjoying your pins! Love your style and ideas. And I'm SO excited for you guys- a trip to CA sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been to San Diego once, but for a little piece of "home" away from home you can check out Bub's Dive Bar http://www.bubsdive.com/ . It's all decked out in Hokie stuff, and the food is fabulous - OH! and it's near the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hokie stuff all the way out there, who would have thought?! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  5. Nutella calls to me in the same way! Did you know there's a healthier version that tastes almost the same? It's the Justin's brand - I LOVE it, and it makes me feel a bit better when I want to eat half the jar in one sitting ;-) http://www.amazon.com/Justins-Nut-Butter-Chocolate-Hazelnut/dp/B002JG5TVS

    We just got back from San Diego - you'll have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't know about it! That might ease the guilt a little bit. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  6. We have these kid versions of her stories, like individual tales put in smaller books to hold her attention. Abigail LOVES them, but i absolutely can not wait to read the real deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the little house books…:) little baby kicks- awe!!!! so adorable and enjoy san diego- so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such good books. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Baby kicks!! Seriously the most amazing thing. And how fun to have a trip to San Diego - it's lovely. I had a work conference there once and was stuck in the hotel most of the time, but we did go have dinner at the Hotel Del Coronado and it was so lovely. Even just to walk around the hotel/beach there would be a nice thing to do! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. a girls' trip away and to Cali,how exciting!!! sounds glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been on the hunt for a good "women on the prairie" book but maybe I should just reread little house on the prairie. I loved those books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always on the lookout for them, too. If you come across any good recommendations, pass them along!

      Delete
  11. I so need to reread Little House on the Prairie and I saw that book set when I was at Barnes and Noble Christmas shopping I thought to myself omg that would be so pretty to have and I would enjoy reading it! Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and do it!!! I went to San Diego when I was in the 5th grade but I totally need to go back to fully absorb it for what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baby kicks!! Yay! :)
    I read some of the Little House books when I was younger, but I mainly just watched the show religously. Now you've inspired me to go buy these books and read through them over the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...