Feb 23, 2015

visiting san diego: del coronado and la jolla


I don't know about you, but I've been surrounded by snow for the last several days so I thought it might be a good time to take a look at some of my photos of sunny San Diego from my trip the other week. I spent four whole days there with my mom, sister and aunt. We packed our days full of sightseeing, good food, and visiting with my cousin and a dear friend of mine, neither of whom I had seen in several years. We started our first day there by visiting the beach at Del Coronado and the stunning Hotel Del Coronado before meeting up with my cousin who gave us the grand tour of the city, which included a breathtaking walk around La Jolla.


When we got to La Jolla it took a bit to find a parking spot, but it was well worth the effort for the views. After walking around for awhile, oohing and aahing over the blue of the water and taking a million pictures, we stopped at Bobboi for the most refreshing gelato.  Highly recommended!
my mom, sister and I did an excellent job of unintentionally coordinating our outfits for the entire trip, if I do say so myself.

Forgive me, but I think I have to end this post with one more food picture so that I can tell you just how good our dinner was that night.  We ate at Basic downtown which had a fun atmosphere in a warehouse setting and delicious pizza.  We tried two different kinds; this was the J street with mozzarella, chicken, bacon and sun dried tomatoes.  I forget what the other one was, but it involved mashed potatoes.  Hungry yet?




We spent our second day at the San Diego Zoo, so more to come about that soon!


7 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to experience the beauty of San Deigo! It looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh it looks so nice and warm … I miss warm weather! And I love that sandcastle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so glad to finally have a reason to bring the camera outside!

      Delete
  4. Holy sand castle, Batman! That thing is insane. I've never been to San Diego but now that I know how pretty it is, I'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun to have a girly trip to the sun, especially when you have been surrounded by snow :-) Right about now, I've really (really) had enough of winter hats, scarves and gloves. I love the architecture in the second photo, that's not something we get to see over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the architecture in San Diego in general! Especially the residential architecture. We saw everything from craftsman bungalows to victorians to spanish style homes. There was so much variety. All the houses where I live seem to look pretty much the same. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...