Mar 13, 2015

the renovation: a progress report


So much progress has been made on the house in the last couple of weeks!  The hardwood floors have been refinished, Riley laid the bathroom tile, and the kitchen cabinets, appliances, and countertop have all been delivered and installed. Every bit of progress has been such an exciting step and it's all coming together just as I hoped it would, and maybe even better. Right now, every room is in need of some varying degree of paint and trim work, and these things seem to take forever! This house, with it's walls, ceilings and abundance of trim, needed a lot of paint, and we wouldn't be even close to the point we're at now without the much appreciated help of my mother in law, my parents, and my sister in law. The good news is that we're making some serious progress on that front and that the paint color choice was a success! (Whew!)

This weekend and next week we'll be focusing on more trim work and more painting, and a few more details (like finding a bathroom door), before we're finally ready to move in. The main floor won't be completely finished by move-in, but it will be close enough, and it will certainly be easier to get some work done in the evenings without having to travel back and forth from the house and apartment.

I can't wait to officially call this house "home!"

12 comments:

  1. It's looking great so far! Love the vent hood and the exposed brick in the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that tile! Looking really good. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks amazing, but the exposed brick in the kitchen is such a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so beautiful, Allison!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to move in there just for that kitchen! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tile! We are really looking forward to when we can stop renting and have a house to make our own. His being in the Navy makes it a little tricky for us, but we'll get there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those tiles in the bathroom, I really dislike the tiles the previous owners of my flat chose, so I have a bit of a tile obsession. And are you guys leaving the exposed bit of brick wall in the kitchen as it is? I actually like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out great, i am very impressed by the way it looks. The brick in the kitchen gives off a very home like vibe and shows character in the house well the kitchen itself is more modern. Also, the bathroom floor looks stunning with the all white tub. It really stands out.

    Maxwell Frey @ Design Build Duluth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...