Mar 5, 2015

visiting san diego: balboa park, point loma and sunset cliffs


I still have so much to share from my trip to San Diego. And yes, I am trying to draw this vacation recap out as long as possible.  There is still snow on the ground here after all.

Day 3 of our San Diego trip was packed to the absolute brim, and I think we planned it out pretty well. We started out right by having an amazing brunch at Snooze. I can't say enough about the fun atmosphere, excellent service and delicious food. When pancakes were debated but not ordered, our waitress surprised us with a gigantic cinnamon roll pancake for the table to share before our food came out. Now if that's not a good way to start the day then I don't know what is.


After breakfast we made a quick stop at The Donut Bar to pick up some donuts to save for an afternoon treat. After sampling the Creme Brûlée, Samoa, and Blueberry with Meyer Lemon, the Samoa got my vote!

When we couldn't possibly think about food any longer, we made our way to Balboa Park. Now, Balboa Park is the kind of place that you could spend an entire day, or even a few days if you wanted to. There are plenty of museums and gardens to keep you busy. Since we had such a full agenda we prioritized a few (free) stops and I think we all felt like we got a pretty good sense of the park overall.

After Balboa Park we drove to Seaport Village, which wasn't quite what I was expecting it to be. It was a little touristy, but would be a good place to go if you were looking to do a little shopping. However, we did get to see the USS Midway and the kissing statue, so I'm still glad we checked it out.

From Seaport Village we drove to Point Loma to check out the lighthouse and amazing views.  Although a little chilly and very windy, this was probably my favorite stop of the day. We had brought some lunch along and had a little picnic to keep us going for the rest of the day. It definitely pays to plan ahead on a long day!


Our last stop of the day was Sunset Cliffs. Between the San Diego rush hour traffic and the fact that we were usually thinking about dinner at this time of day, we had yet to see a San Diego sunset. At Sunset Cliffs we were able to park our car right along the cliff so that we got prime seats for the view.

By the time we made it back to the house that night we had had a very full, delicious and beautiful day.

3 comments:

  1. I think my laptop was having some hickups after leaving a comment. It was mostly about the food looking tasty, and the flowers looking pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate when that happens! But yes, the food was definitely tasty and the flowers were so pretty that I couldn't stop taking pictures of them, haha.

      Delete
  2. It's fun to see a few places I recognize from just a few months ago. Glad you finally got to see a sunset!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...