Apr 1, 2015

currently… april (baby)showers

These four articles of clothing (yes, one is a bathing suit. I couldn't help myself) and a smattering of fragile and/or not kid friendly nursery decor are all we currently have for baby girl. First Time Parent alert?

wearing: maternity clothes. Fortunately, when I finally did get around to buying maternity clothes I bought them in anticipation of warmer weather, so I should be all set for spring!  Of course, with all the house work still going on, you're more likely to find me in my regular old leggings and t-shirts that still fit.

sipping: water, just plain old water.  I thought I was doing pretty well not missing any pre-pregnancy foods or drinks too badly, but every once in awhile I could really use some coffee or a nice glass of red wine. Although, just thinking about either practically triggers my acid reflux these days, so it doesn't make it too hard to resist.

wish listing: all the baby stuff! Between two showers of my own and the shower of my best friend from college (who is due with her first just two weeks before me!), almost every weekend in April is booked for baby showers. I just want to look at baby stuff all the time and I can't wait to start the celebrations!

writing: lists, calendars, and more lists. The month of March was all about renovations, and now the month of April is all about baby! I have lists of things to do, lists of things to buy, lists of things to research, lists of things to pack in a hospital bag, lists of things to decide… it goes on and on. Besides all of the lists, we also have a calendar full of times and dates for our birth classes, a newborn care class, and a breastfeeding class this month (I like classes, they make me feel better). Many people say that a first baby comes late, but just knowing that I myself was born 5 weeks early has me thinking that I can't leave anything important for May or June, just in case. 

exploring: options. Nursery decor options, birth plan options, pediatrician options… you name it, I'm thinking about it.


April is going to be so busy with all things baby, but I have been anxiously awaiting this month just so that I can finally start checking some of these things off. What a whirlwind of surreal and exciting things this month is going to be!


linking up with Jenna and Anne today.

9 comments:

  1. Relatively new follower, loving these last few posts. Dreamy home renovation, and as a San Diego resident, totally appreciated your trip posts. You did many of the things I recommend to my visitors.

    Congratulations on your pregnancy.. and I have to ask, where did that bathing suit come from? I can see why it was so irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad to hear that I may have done San Diego some justice! I really did enjoy my time there.

      Thank you! I found the bathing suit on sale on Gymboree's website a few weeks ago. It might still be there!

      Delete
  2. That sailor suit...I'm dying!!! I wish it came in Aria's size - I went to check haha! I can just imagine adorable baby thighs sticking out of it.
    April is a good month to be all about baby! Have fun at your showers and checking things off is really nice. Aria was almost 5 weeks early and I had just made a list of all the things that needed to get done but never got the chance to do them ha. So never hurts to be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That swim suit... too cute! Pretty exciting time for you and your husband with the new home and the baby girl on the way. I hope you enjoy the upcoming couple of months leading up to the birth!

    Daphne | The Daphne Files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is such an exciting time and we have so much to be thankful for! We're trying our best to just enjoy every moment and not worry too much about everything that we have going on. :)

      Delete
  4. Gah, sweet baby clothes. It'll be fun to have celebrations mixed in with all the baby "to do" stuff. But when it's your first time, it does really help ease your mind to do what you can to prepare and get yourself as ready as you'll ever be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thats lovely. When are you due? Mine is supposed to be 5th May. I'm really looking fwd to buying a tiny swim suit too but have resisted in case she's bigger or smaller when she comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June 11th is our due date. Congratulations to you! You're probably smart in not buying a swimsuit… my husband made the same argument. ;) I wasn't actively looking for one, but then I saw it and it was a done deal, haha.

      Delete
  6. Hooray for baby showers!! Last month I had a few babyshowers for friends and they are always so much fun. I can't believe you're already so far along! Those clothes are so cute! There are so many cute baby girl clothes at Target right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...