Apr 27, 2015

spring maternity photos


It just so happens that when I married Riley, I also married into a wonderful family, and gained a sister in law that is not only a dear friend but an amazing photographer as well. I was so excited to have her take some maternity photos for us because I knew that she would do a fantastic job, and also that it would also be a good excuse to spend some time with her. I will always treasure these photos for the special moment in our lives that they capture and for the fun memories we made while taking them. It was so hard to narrow it down, but these are just a few of my favorites from the day.

After taking several photos in downtown Roanoke, where this part of our story began, we headed back to our house to change and get some more around the property. On our way home, Riley, the ever thoughtful and patient man that he is (even while having his picture taken!) passed a local ice cream place and asked if we wanted to stop. The most delicious homemade ice cream with a scenic backdrop nearby? Yes and yes!

When we had taken some photos around the house, with a few including our very first (furry) addition to the family, of course, we hopped back in the car to find one more location. How often do you have a husband and a photographer willing to drive around and stop on a whim to take some photos? I'm a very fortunate girl, I tell you. Luckily, this field of yellow flowers was just minutes away and only required jumping (or something like it, in my case) one gate to get to.


Many, many thanks to Chelsa Yoder Photography for the photos and the fun time shooting them! I am thankful every single day for Riley and the family that I gained by marrying him. We can't wait to welcome this new addition into the family!

17 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures! Glad they didn't call the cops on you for trespassing like they did for me when I took my sister's pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww these pictures look great!! I really need someone in my family to be a photographer… :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all of these pictures, Allison! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! You hit the sister in law jackpot for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! I love that berry colored dress... oh and that field!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, that field was such a great find!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh! Every single one of these photos is incredible! You are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are so cute and you look BEAUTIFUL!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing! I love the picture with the icecreams and that Gidget is in some of the photographs as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad we got her in some of the photos, too! She definitely is an important part of the family. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...