Jul 1, 2015

currently… ice cream and grill skills

Why yes, I did get ice cream on the way home from the hospital. It was on the way and, well, I think I earned it.

craving: ice cream and fresh fruit. Nothing feels more like summer!

grilling: lots of hamburgers. We were gifted with some wonderful meals from generous friends and family during those first few weeks of Della's life, and Riley filled in the blanks with his grill skills. Hamburgers are his specialty and he's almost gotten them to the level of those hamburgers he made during our sailing days. Almost. 

listening: We've hit a one month fussy growth spurt with Della, so unfortunately, we're listening to a lot that.

planning: date night! We've started thinking about our first date night sans baby and where we'd like to go. Of course, Della isn't taking too well to a bottle just yet, so we're still in the preliminary planning stages. One way or another, I'm thinking it's going to involve ice cream.

decorating: the front porch. A lot of our renovation plans came to a standstill this past month, but Riley's starting to pick a few up them back up. He's currently working on our front porch and I can't wait to spruce it up with some plants, rocking chairs, and maybe a porch swing, too.


linking up with Jenna and Anne today.

9 comments:

  1. What good looking ice cream! I think I'm going to have to convince my husband to go out for ice cream tonight.... The best kind of date night! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it tasted even better than it looks! ;) Definitely the best kind of date night!

      Delete
  2. Gosh that ice cream looks good, and your baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to discover your space through the Currently link-up!

    Elizabeth
    allkindsofthingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes I get ice cream on the way home from work and finish it in my car before walking in the house.....I have been craving sweets this entire pregnancy and I too, think I deserve a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, you SO deserved that icecream! Double scoop! :)
    Now after reading this, I'm craving ice cream and fresh fruit!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you--all I want to eat all summer long is ice cream and fruit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...