Sep 15, 2015

This is 30


I turned 30 at the beginning of this month. I am generally pretty excited about birthdays, so I wasn't necessarily dreading "the big one." Any excuse for a celebration, especially a themed one, sounds pretty good to me. I did find myself reflecting on my life as it approached, however. What in the world did I do with the first 30 years of my life? I can remember the last two, at least. A lot has happened in those last two, and at 30 I feel like I have already had some interesting life experiences. I have lived in the country, on a sailboat, in the city, and now in the perfectly imperfect fixer upper of my dreams. I am married to my best friend and we have a healthy, beautiful, precious baby girl and a sweet pup. I honestly couldn't ask for anything more in this stage of my life. Growing up, I always wondered when I would finally feel like an adult. It happened like magic the moment that Della was born, and now that I'm 30, it's official. But I have to tell you, for someone that never actually wanted to grow up, it's not all bad after all. In fact, it's pretty darn great. If this is 30, I'll take it.

However, I did request a stop at the ice cream parlor for a scoop of birthday cake ice cream on a sprinkle cone, and have a luau themed party, so it's likely I might actually still be a 5 year old trapped in a 30 year old's body.


4 comments:

  1. Happy 30th! You look adorable, as does your family. It's wonderful that you're so happy in your life!
    And yes, sprinkles are a necessity on birthdays. Or on non-birthdays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. I didn't feel as though entered adulthood until I became responsible for someone other than myself. And I mean the totally dependent, keep this baby alive responsibility. I think when you become a parent, the natural things that follow like worry make us mature. Anyhoo, the ice cream sounds great and Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I'm turning 30 in December. I don't always feel like an adult either, probably because we haven't had a Little Ronchetti yet, but I wonder if I'll suddenly feel more mature in a new decade. Haha.

    Also--I haven't forgotten about your design board! I've been swamped though the summer, but I should have time to finalize it for you soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...